A smile—easily done by turning up the corners of the mouth. However, sometimes a smile isn’t that simple, and sometimes you have to work hard to make someone else smile.
Before we get into the recipe of how to make someone smile, it’s important to consider the whole situation. Did you do something to upset someone? How serious is this issue? Can it be solved with a smile? Unfortunately, there are times when a smile requires more than a simple muscle movement. And it’s important to accept and understand that sometimes you may not be able to help someone produce that smile.
In the case that you may be able to make a difference, it surely doesn’t hurt to try. Here are our go-tos for making our loved ones smile.
Unfortunately, not many people have the ability to smile, and a major factor that contributes to it is dental imperfections. Dental imperfections such as chipped, cracked, broken, or stained teeth can deteriorate one’s physical appearance and even pave the way for anxiety and depression.
It is perfectly understandable how imperfect teeth can take away one’s ability to smile. If you are living with dental imperfections, you need to consult a dental expert who can help you overcome the dental imperfections.
6. Send them a text: Who doesn’t love a good morning text? How you start your day could affect the mood you carry with you the remainder of the day. This is your chance to positively influence someone by helping them get off to a good start. Say something nice, uplifting, and thoughtful. Didn’t quite make it during the morning? It’s okay. A friendly text can be appreciated at all hours of the day.
7. Surprise them: Surprising someone can mean anything. It can include any of the tips mentioned above or something entirely different. It could mean surprising them with a visit, a clean house, a home-cooked dinner, etc. The secret here is doing something out of the ordinary, that they don’t see coming. However, it’s important to be careful with surprises. Judge your audience because some people do not enjoy being surprised and see it as more of an inconvenience. You don’t want an upside-down smile when you’re shooting for the real thing.
8. Share something funny: Your dream for a stand-up career could start here. A good joke is practically a surefire way to make someone laugh and consequently smile. Before it comes time to deliver a joke you have prepared, you might want to come up with a couple back up ones, just in case they’ve heard your first one already. Not much of a comedian? Here are a couple of sites you can reference:
9. Listen: Maybe all it takes to get a smile is listening, that plain and simple. The person you’re trying to get a smile out of may just want someone they can air their grievances to—we can all appreciate a good venting session. And most times, they may not even need a response or solution to the subject that’s bothering them.
10. Smile at them: This is another free and easy way to get those corners of the mouth to turn up in your favor. You can try to elicit a smile by smiling. Smiles are known to be contagious and who are we to disagree?